A Kanopy app is currently available for the mobile devices below. Click on the links to find more information on how to access and use these.
Find TV Apps below:
A Kanopy app is currently available for the TV devices below. Click on the links to find more information on how to access and use these.
If you do not have access to any of the above devices, you can also view Kanopy on your television by connecting your computer to your television via HDMI cable.
1. Visit https://mcpld.kanopy.com/
2. Click on 'Add Library Card'
3. Finish creating your account by signing up with your existing Facebook or Google account, or by entering a username and password.
4. Check your email to verify your account before you can begin using Kanopy.
5. To use Kanopy with a mobile device or TV app, please see those sections on this page.
1. How many titles can I watch?
You can watch a maximum of 10 videos per month. You will receive 10 play credits every month. Once you press play on a video, you will automatically use one (1) play credit after 5 seconds. Exceptions: watch unlimited Kanopy Kids movies or Great Courses.
Once you press play on a video, you will have 3 days to view it as many times as you like without using another play credit. If you would like to watch the same video after the 3 days have passed, you will use up another play credit.
2. When will my play credits reset?
Play credits reset on the 1st of the month. Once you have used your 10 credits, you will not be able to play any films until the new month starts when you will be given a fresh quota of 10 play credits again.
3. How can I keep track of my videos?
You can track your viewing activity by visiting My Dashboard > Viewing History. That page will list every video you have ever watched, even after the 3-day period has ended. If a video is still within the 3-day viewing period, the list will include the amount of time left on that viewing period.
4. Can I create my own video lists?
You can save titles to watch at a later date by clicking on +My List. You can access the +MyList option by either hovering over the title, or clicking on the title, either way will work. Titles are then added to your Watchlist. You can see your saved titles by clicking on your username at the top of the page.
You can also create and share playlists of videos using the playlists feature.
5. What devices can you use to watch videos?
You can watch videos on a computer or mobile device using a web browser.
You will need an internet connection to watch videos on Kanopy. Films cannot be downloaded to a computer or device; they only stream through the internet.
6. Can you stream to your television?
Kanopy is compatible with the streaming service Roku. Other alternatives to stream to your television include:
7. Can visually impaired users access the films?
Yes, Kanopy's website and video player are both fully compatible with all screen readers on desktop browsers, as well as with iOS and Android devices.
8. Need more help?
Visit Kanopy's Help Center.