Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is hoopla?
Hoopla Digital partners with libraries across the United States and Canada to provide online and mobile access to eBooks, audiobooks, comics, music, movies, and TV. With hoopla and a valid library card, patrons can borrow, instantly stream, and download dynamic content via hoopla’s mobile app or www.hoopladigital.com. Simple to access and use, with no waiting and no hassles, hoopla digital is a service of Midwest Tape – a trusted partner of public libraries for over 25 years. All you need to get started is your library card and a web browser, smart phone, or tablet. Sign up today!
Summary of hoopla features (changes starting January 2023 are underlined):
- You can have 5 checkouts per month (checkouts reset at beginning of month)
- A new daily budget cap has been implemented. Once the library has spent its budgeted amount of money on hoopla checkouts per day, no more checkouts will be allowed for anyone until the next day begins. For more information on this decision, please see the "Hoopla to see new limits in 2023" blog post.
- There are over 950,000 titles available
- Checkout period are as follows: videos 3 days; music albums 7 days; audiobook, ebook, or comic: 21 days
- On the website you only stream content; on the mobile app you can download content temporarily
- Is compatible with set top boxes for TV: Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Roku
- Can turn on "kids mode" to only show 12 and under content
- No late fees and no waiting period if you want to re-borrow the same title
Get a library card
Apply online or at a library location (please note you will need a full-access card for Hoopla)