Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Websites for Book Clubs
Lit Lovers offers free courses on understanding and enjoying literature in addition to discussion guides, book recommendations, and advice on running a book club.
Reading Group Choices
Reading selections, discussion guides, and tips on starting and running a book club - lots of useful information.
Reading Group Guides
Reading selections, discussion guides, and tips on starting and running a book club, among other things.
Offers book recommendations and other advice to book clubs, as well as reading guides.
Book discussion resources for reading groups from Bloomsbury
Good Morning America Book Club
Take a look at the morning talk show, Good Morning America, and their book club picks here.
Read with Jenna Bush Hager
The morning show, Today, facilitates their book club with their host, Jenna Bush Hager. See their book selections here.
Reese's Book Club List
Reese Witherspoon's List of Book Club Picks.
Library Book Clubs
Photo from Google Images
- Steps and Stories - Every first Friday of the month at 10:00 am, walk around Sherwood Park in Grand Junction to talk about stories you're currently reading, watching, or listening to.
- Clifton Book Group Tuesday, December 13, 2022 Meet at the Clifton Library the second Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m. This month we are reading Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict. Please go to our Event Calendar to register for in-person or for instructions about how to join. REGISTRATION REQUIRED FOR MEETING IN-PERSON. We will also be socially distanced. Contact Carrie at 970-434-6936 for more information.
- Fruita Book Club Tuesday, December 13, 2022 Meet at the Fruita Library the second Tuesday of the month at 2pm. This month we are reading The Call of the Wild by Jack London. In-person seating is limited, REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Please contact the Fruita branch at 970-858-7703 for more information.
- Kiva Book Club Thursday, December 15, 2022 Join our discussion of Whereabouts by Jhumpa Lahiril. We have the option of an in-person with limited seating, or virtual meeting. Please go to our Event Calendar to register for in-person or for instructions about how to join. REGISTRATION REQUIRED FOR MEETING IN-PERSON. Kiva meets the third Thursday of the month at 6:30pm. Contact Michele 970-683-2425 or Rose Marie 970-683-2429 for more information.
- Beyond Words Wednesday, December 14, 2022. Join us in discussing The Library Book by Susan Orlean. Our daytime book club meets at 10:30 a.m. the fourth Wednesday of the month (except in November and December - 3rd Wednesday) in the Central library. Please go to our Event Calendar to register for in-person or for instructions about how to join. REGISTRATION REQUIRED FOR MEETING IN-PERSON. We will also be socially distanced. Contact Ike 970-683-2449 for more information.
- Books on Tap! Thursday, January 12th at 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm. Join us as we discuss what you're reading. This is an open book discussion group without assigned reading. Beer is available for purchase through the brewery, but is not required for participation.
Online Book Networks
These websites allow users to create virtual bookshelves to keep track of their own reading, as well as find recommendations and make connections with others based on mutual reading interests.